When we talk about young children being photographed there are some photographers that have "Baby Grow With Me" packages consisting of 3, 6, 9 and 12 months. We prefer to have the sessions more developmentally based. We can, of course, photograph a child at any time, but these are the best times...
- Newborn, meaning within the first ten days (after ~10 days they are still babies but not newborns anymore, they do not sleep as soundly, they are not "all curled up", they get baby acne, you cannot get those "miracle shots" which require a soundly sleeping baby.
- 2-4 months, when they can hold their head up on their own (tummy time, gerber baby poses, etc.)
- 5-8 months, when they can sit up on their own but are not moving around yet. This is a fantastic age photographically!! We can get very creative with this session
- 9-11 months, when they can stand up, but not walk; often they require something to lean on and this makes adding in a photo prop very easy.
- 11-13 months, "the birthday cake" session with them just in a a pair of shorts
Post a Comment